Friday, May 6, 2011

Green Chile Stew

1 pound hamburger cooked and drained
3 cups water (more or less)
2 potatoes chopped
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes or more if you like (I freeze my leftover tomatoes from my garden and reserve them for stews. I add them to stews frozen and whole, then I remove the peels and I cut them while in the stew.)
1/4 to 1/3 head of cabbage chopped
1/3 onion diced
2-3 teaspoons chicken boullion (this is really salty)
green chile to taste
any other vegetables you would like

In a stew pot, mix the boullion with water until it desolves. Start with 2 teas, then taste to see if you would like more. Add vegetables to the water and turn the stove to medium heat until it simmers, then turn down the heat just to keep it simmering. I reserve the green chile until the end after I have served the kids stew, then I add it to the pot. Cook until the Vegetables are soft.

No comments: