Monday, July 18, 2011

By popular demand. . .

I brought this pasta salad for our bbq on the 4th at Lisa's house. I've had multiple requests for the recipe so I figured I would just post it on here. This is a summer favorite at our house. . .I must confess though I probably make it too much. I just love any meal that can be served cold in the summer time to take the heat off. It makes enough to feed my family (my kids love it too) and then gives me leftovers for a few lunches later in the week which gets me out of making my typical pb&j for lunch! What could be better.

Sometimes I'll leave out the sunflower seeds or the green onions just cause I don't have them on hand and I'm too lazy to make a run to the store and it still tastes great. I'll also generally add a little more grapes and craisins than the recipe calls for, just cause that's the way I like it!

SO glad you guys liked it too. I hope it is a keeper at your house. ENJOY!!


Bow-tie Chicken & Craisin Salad

1-16 oz. bag bow tie pasta
3-4 chicken breasts--cooked, cooled & cubed
1/2 c. craisins
1 c. red grapes
3-4 green onions--chopped
3/4 c. sunflower seeds

-creamy dressing-
1 c. mayonnaise
2/3 c. sugar
1/4 c. cider vinegar
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. ginger powder

Mix all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk them together, cover & place in fridge.

In the mean time, mix all of the salad together, except sunflower seeds, in a large bowl. Toss together. Just before serving mix in sunflower seeds & dressing. ENJOY!

1 comment:

Teri said...

I was at the store today trying to remember these ingredients, I got it all. I'm making it tomorrow:) Thanks.