Monday, February 21, 2011

Breakfast Casserole

I always make this for our family on Easter morning--it is my husband's favorite. I don't know about you, but I always prefer the breakfast casseroles with hash browns as opposed to those with biscuits, and this one is my favorite!


Ingredients:
1 lb bacon
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
4 1/2 cups shredded cheese
12 eggs
2 cups milk
1 cup sour cream
1 package(26oz)frozen hash browns, thawed (I prefer shredded)

Directions:
1. Place hash browns in greased 9x13 baking dish at 400 degrees for 20 minutes
2. While hash browns are cooking, pan fry bacon until crisp. Crumble.
3. Sautee onions and green peppers in olive oil for 5 minutes or until onions are slightly golden.
4. In a large bowl beat together eggs, milk, and sour cream. Mix in cheese, bacon, onion, and green pepper. Pour over pre-cooked hash browns.
5. Cover with aluminum foil and place in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes, remove foil and bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until eggs have set.

No comments: